Friday, April 11, 2014

Thankfulness Thursday Week 15 of 2014

Today is April 10th.

On April 8th my husband and I celebrated 25 years of marriage. It is amazing to think how long we have been married and yet it feels like just a few days ago that we started on this journey together. Today I am thankful that we have stayed the course and made the other person more important than ourselves at times. We had planned years ago a big celebration but circumstances being what they are we decided to make it more intimate and stay at the same hotel that we stayed for our wedding night. My hubby surprised me by taking me to our church and renewing our vows. It was just us and our Pastor and his wife. I am so thankful for my hubby that knows just the right gift for me. We then went to the church where we were married and took a tour and remembered where we met and the time that we spent there. We had a wonderful time just us and the hotel was not busy at all, in fact we were the only ones in the dining room for dinner. This is the first time that we had been away from our children (ages 10 & 14) for 24 hours. So thankful for the time that we could spend just focusing on each other. We are ready to go another 25+ years.



1 comment:

  1. Aww...that's just lovely, Leanna! Happy 25th anniversary!! Our Austin's birthday was on the 8th of April...you celebrated six years on the day he was born. :) I am so pleased that you were able to get away for a night just the two of you. Isn't it amazing how refreshed you you feel when come back from a little time away? May the Lord bless you with more than 25 more!! Hugs, Camille

    ReplyDelete