Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas prep

Every year since my oldest was in kindergarten I have brought my Christmas breads for the school staff to munch on. I start baking sometime around Thanksgiving or when it turns cold and I have a good excuse to warm up the house with the oven. This year I am cutting it really close because the day is quickly approaching and I still have one other bread to make. In case you do not know already - I love to bake. It is a way for me to relieve stress. I call it my therapy. I prefer easy things that take longer to bake than to mix up and I hate to roll out anything or use yeast. (I do not own a rolling  pin.) So Santa's cookies are always the Pillsbury slice and bake sugar with can frosting that has food coloring in it. Anyway the breads that I make and give away are: Pineapple, Cranberry, Banana, Zucchini, Strawberry and Pumpkin. Yummy plus then we get to have them for Christmas week. Yummy breakfast for me and the little one (the only one besides me who will eat them). I always make peanut butter balls and English toffee too. What are you making/baking this Christmas?

1 comment:

  1. I miss the toffee candy!! Did u make the fudge too. Especially the peanutbutter n white chocolate etc...?
    By Little Italian that's cold in alaska

    ReplyDelete