Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Accountability

Accountability....if I want to be accountable for the plans that I have made I must put them out there. So I am putting them here. Notice I did not say resolutions. These are plans to make my life better.

Back in July I started getting Bountiful Baskets each week and I have noticed that I am eating better. You can find out more about them here: http://www.bountifulbaskets.org/ It has reduced my weekly grocery trip spending and has given me more produce to eat for less money.

So the plan is to spend $100 a week in food, toiletries and cleaning supplies, basically everything we need except prescriptions and clothing. Is that too lofty a plan? I do not know. I do know that I have some debt and I do not wish to keep it. Discipline will help me as I work through this process.

So I hope to post what I have spent each week.

Each week I will only take $60 in cash with me when I go to Albertson's (I go there with my mom every Wednesday). That is all I can spend. $16.50 will be spent on Monday ordering my Bountiful Basket. So that leaves $23.50 to spend at Target, Walgreens, Kmart, Fresh & Easy, Walmart, Food 4 Less or anyplace else that sells grocery items. I am not including the $20 that I give my hubby each week to do with as he wants (like buy Anderson chocolate milk or candy). That is his to spend however he wishes.

So here it is what I spent the first week of 2013.

Wednesday, Jan 2nd

Albertson's $53.64 and $5.44 - I bought 2 boxes kleenex for 1.49 each and received a catalina coupon for $1 off when I buy 4 so I went and bought 4 more.

Target $25

Sunday, January 6th

Vons $19.87

Total spent this week: $103.95

Oops went over but still did pretty good. The little one wanted pizza and bought the big (16oz) parm cheese instead of the 8oz because it was only a dollar more.

I hope to post some pics of the things I buy too.

There is a lot of junk because the hubby likes his sugar. But I try to do better with me and  the boys. I will most likely not buy any meat this year because in October and November I stocked up on ground beef, chicken breasts and bacon from Zaycon. You can find out about them here:https://zayconfoods.com/ Their meat is pretty darn good and reasonable.

The other thing that I am doing is reading the Bible through in 90 days. I started on December the 31st and I should complete before Easter. I am already behind but love reading it on my kindle.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you to make plans and set yourself a budget for groceries! I have found it really helps to stick to using cash...it seems to go much further! :) And...reading the Bible in 90 days? That will be an accomplishment! Even in a year, it is an accomplishment!! May the LORD bless it to your heart as you read it through. What a precious thing it is to have HIS Word!!

    Many blessings,
    Camille

    ReplyDelete