Friday, August 16, 2013

Technology is it good or bad?

As I type this my oldest is on the other computer playing roblox (his obsession for over 4 years), the hubby is sleeping and my youngest is enjoying watching TV as he watches videos and plays games on his ipod. Technology is a huge part of our lives. I sometimes weigh whether it is good or bad for us. Today I think it is good. Rest assured we are not total tech people. We do not own smart phones and do not access the internet on our phones. We do have several devices we use at home though. It is very helpful (but sometimes frustrating too) to be able to pull up websites on our devices and find out pricing, hours and numbers to stores not to mention answers to questions that come up in conversations. Today the best thing about technology and the internet is the connections I have been able to make due to Facebook and blogs that I have come across. Facebook has allowed me to stay connected to long term friends and keep me updated with family events throughout the country not to mention keeping me posted on community events. Bloggers I follow have enriched my life with their posts. I mean it is unbelievable to me that I can have true relationships but have never even met some of these fellow bloggers. We read each others blogs and help each other live our lives with advice, compassion and love in our comments. So I just wanted to take a moment and thank those of you that read this.

I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers,
 Philemon 1:4

No comments:

Post a Comment