Saturday, October 17, 2015

Crazy Cake

My cousin from Let's Make Mud Pies posted a cake recipe and asked what our favorite was. I replied that Crazy cake was a favorite growing up and it's my favorite chocolate cake. She hadn't heard of it and I promised I would write a post about it.

Here's the recipe:

3 cups Flour
2 cups Sugar
6 to 8 Tbsp Cocoa powder
2 tsp Baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp Vinegar
2 tsp Vanilla
1 cup Oil
2 cups Water

 In a large bowl sift together flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda and salt
 Make three wells in the mixture.
 In a separate bowl pour in but do not mix vinegar, oil and vanilla. Pour into wells. Pour water overall and  beat by hand. Do not use mixer. Pour into greased and floured pan.
 Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until tests done with toothpick.
It comes out almost black and the top is a little firm. Oh so yummy.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. I would love to taste that cake :) I have a very hungry tummy..

    yum yum :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay...this may just have to be dessert tonight....thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete